The Tool Municipal Court offers virtual court appearances that allow defendants to resolve cases at a video hearing using ZOOM on a computer or smart device.
Jump to Topic
- Reasons to Make a Virtual Court Appearance
- Virtual Court Appearances
- Virtual Court Appearance Guidelines
- Payment Requirements
- Minimum Tech Requirements
- Enter a plea of NOT GUILTY and request a trial by judge or jury
- Speak with the prosecutor after you enter a plea of Not Guilty
- Enter a plea of GUILTY or NO CONTEST
- Request deferred disposition probation in cases for which that option is not available without a court appearance
- Appeal to the Judge for a fine reduction
- Appeal to the Judge for payment terms different from those a clerk can approve
- Request that the judge lift a City of Tool warrant
- Request a different payment due date or amount from that established in a previous judgment or payment plan. Be prepared to explain why a change is required
- Request more time to complete community service, driving safety course, or other court ordered program
- Required appearance by State law or Court policy for the charged offense
NOTE: The Court will make every effort to dispose of your case(s) at a Virtual Court Appearance, however that may not be possible in all circumstances.
- Individuals may appear without an appointment during an Open Docket Session.
- Individuals scheduled for a virtual court appearance should go to the Tool Virtual Court Room and enter the Meeting ID: 792 827 9573 at the assigned date and time. This meeting ID is not good for anyone schedule for a pre-trial, bench trial, jury trial or animal hearing.
- If you will NOT be able to appear, you must contact the Court before your scheduled date to discuss options and/or request a reset.
You must have a webcam / built-in camera with sound and video on your device to make a virtual court appearance. The ZOOM app must be installed on the device before the virtual court appearance begins.
Tool Virtual Court Room
- Link: Zoom
- Meeting ID: 792 827 9573
- Password: 2021
Visitors to the Tool Virtual Court Room must follow court guidelines.
- Your camera must be on at all times
- Virtual Appearances may last up to 60 minutes.
- If you have a language barrier or disability requiring a special accommodation including translation services, contact the Court at least 72 hours before your Virtual Court Appearance.
- Visitors are required to adhere to Courtroom Dress Code and Etiquette.
- Treat Court staff and proceedings with respect at all times.
- Avoid background noise and inappropriate or distracting background displays.
- Give your full attention to the proceedings. Turn off and put away all distractions.
- Recording the proceedings is prohibited.
- Be patient. Technical issues may arise and cause delays.
- State law requires court hearings be open to the public. Proceedings are not recorded.
- Device capable of accessing the internet (PC, MAC, Smart Phone, Tablet, etc.)
- Fast and stable internet connection
- Attached or built-in camera that will allow the judge to see you
- Attached or built-in microphone that will allow you to speak to the Judge
- Attached or built-in speakers that will allow you to hear the judge
- Working email address from which you can send and receive images or documents
- Working telephone number at which Court staff can reliably contact you.
Unless the Judge specifies otherwise, all amounts ordered to be paid are required to be paid immediately. If the Judge approves an extension to pay in full or a payment plan, the Judge may require immediate down payment. In addition, you will be required to complete a payment application in which you disclose certain financial information, detailed contact information, and references. If the Judge approves an alternative means for you to satisfy the judgment (e.g., community service) a clerk will provide further instructions.