Dress Code & Etiquette
Court proceedings are serious matters deserving of the highest standards of dignity and decorum. Please dress appropriately; no shorts, micro-mini skirts, hats, halter tops, lewd clothing, tank tops or capris above the knee. Violators of the dress code will not be permitted in the courtroom and will be required to reschedule and possibly post a new bond.
In order to promote professional and proper decorum, the court advises all who enter:
- Dress appropriately
- No t-shirts having offensive language or pictures
- No hats
- No cellular phones or pagers in audible mode
- No food and / or drinks
- No weapons of any kind – if weapons are brought to the courthouse, you will be asked to remove them from the building
- No recording devices, cameras, etc.
- Stand a few feet back from the bench when addressing the judge – do not lean on the bench
- Avoid bringing small children to court. If you must, please monitor their behavior so that they remain quiet at all times. Parents may be asked to leave the courtroom if their child becomes noisy or unruly
Cellular phones and pagers must be on silent while in the courtroom. The court reserves the right to amend these general rules.