The City of Tool is a Type “A” General Law municipality consisting of a Mayor and five City Council members. Regular City Council meetings are held on the third Thursday of each month at 6:00 pm in the Oran White Civic located at 701 N. Tool Dr. Tool, TX 75143, next door to City Hall.
Mayor Pro – Tem
Picture Coming Soon
Meeting notices can be found here: Agendas
The City of Tool conducts an annual General Election on the first Tuesday of November for purposes of electing its governing body. The election day voting site is located in the Oran White Civic Center at 701 N. Tool Dr. Tool, TX 75143, next door to Tool City Hall.
- Odd Numbered Years – The election is for One (1) Mayor and Two (2) Council Members, each for a term of two years.
- Even Numbered Years – The election is for Three (3) Council Members, each for a term of two years.
For Current Election Cycle Notices: Click Here
City of Tool General Election – November 07, 2023
A regular election for the election of One (1) Mayor and Two (2) Council Members for terms ending November of 2023 will be held on Tuesday, November 7, 2023. The period to file an application for a place on the ballot is July 22, 2023, thru August 21, 2023.
- Notice of Deadline to File
- Candidate Packet
- Drawing For The Order Of Names On Ballot Notice THIS HAS BEEN CANCELLED AS OF 8/29/2023 @ 1:32PM
- Certificate of Approved Write-In Candidates
- Order Of Election
- Sample Ballot
- November 7, 2023 Election – Public Notice of Test of Automatic Tabulation Equipment
- Meet The Candidate
If you are interested in running for office and would like information such as office requirements or filing deadlines click the link below:
- A Guide to becoming a City Official
- Handbook for Mayors & Council
- Open Meetings Handbook
- Public Information Act Handbook
- How Cities Work
For additional information email: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 903.432.3522